Cups: Cold• 5 reviews.
Save 20% on Compostable Cups / PLA Corn Cups
Biodegradable Cold Corn Plastic Cups:
- Overview / Material: Made from NatureWorks polylactic acid (PLA), which is derived from corn grown in the USA.
- Applications: Great for water, juices, smoothies, and other cold beverages. The compostable cups are meant strictly for food & beverages below 110 degrees F.
- Sizes: Range in size from 3 to 24 ounces.
- Design: To ensure that corn cups are properly sorted at recycling & composting facilities, the corn cups come with green colored labeling and the phrases “biocompostable” and “This cup is made from corn and is 100% compostable.” The compostable cups meet the strictest scientific standards for biodegradability and compostability and are ASTM D6400-99 certified for “compostable plastics”. They are light and strong like plastic, but will fully biodegrade when composted. Lids are sold separately and are available with staw holes, without straw holes (for 3 to 9 ounce cups), and in dome form (for 10 to 24 ounce cups).
- Storage: Should be stored in an environment that is less than 110 degrees F and not in direct sunlight or contact with heat.
- Composting: Composting is required for biodegradation. These compostable corn cups are BPI certified and will biodegrade within 180 days in a commercial composting facility, but may take up to a year or more to biodegrade in a home composting system.
Viv Video: 4 Tips To Ensure Your PLA Corn Cups Are Actually Composted
Why Buy with Viv?
- Low Prices: Viv Members get 20% off list prices of compostable food packaging.
- Quality Products: Viv vets products so that green for your business doesn’t mean reduced quality.
- Eco-Verification: Viv verifies the eco-claims of our products and makes sure they’re actually green and meet appropriate standards (e.g., ASTM-D6400 for compostability).