Containers: Deli• 6 reviews.
Save 20% on Compostable Food Containers and Deli Containers
Compostable Food Containers and Biodegradable Food Containers (Rectangular)
- Overview / Material: Made from NatureWorks polylactic acid (PLA), which is derived from corn grown in the USA.
- Applications: These biodegradable food containers are great for fruit, salads, cold sides, and warm dishes less than 110 degrees F.
- Sizes: Biodegradable food containers range in size from 8 ounces to 64 ounces.
- Design: These biodegradable food containers meet the strictest scientific standards for compostability and are ASTM D6400-99 certified for “compostable plastics”. The biodegradable food containers are light and strong like plastic, but will fully biodegrade when composted.
- Storage: The biodegradable food containers should be stored in an environment that is less than 110 degrees F and not in direct sunlight or contact with heat.
- Composting: Composting is required for biodegradation. These biodegradable food containers are 100% compostable and will biodegrade within 180 days in a commercial composting facility. The biodegradable food containers may take up to a year or more to biodegrade in a home composting system.
Why Buy with Viv?
- Low Prices: Viv Members get 20% off list prices of compostable food packaging.
- Quality Products: Viv vets products so that green for your business doesn’t mean reduced quality.
- Eco-Verification: Viv verifies the eco-claims of our products and makes sure they’re actually green and meet appropriate standards (e.g., biodegradable food containers meet standard ASTM D6400 for compostability).