Plates• One review so far.
Save 20% on Compostable Plates
Biodegradable Plates & Compostable Plates:
- Overview / Material: Compostable plates are made from wheat straw, a highly sustainable fiber that is a by product of the wheat harvesting process.
- Applications: Great for a range of hot & cold foods.
- Sizes: Compostable plates Range in size from 6″ to 10″ and come in 1 or 3 compartments.
- Design: Typically available unbleached, though bleached options are occasionally available. Compostable plates are soak proof and do not have any plastic or wax lining, however hot foods – and in particular hot, heavy foods – will cause the plates to “perspire” and some condensation can form at the bottom.
- Composting: Composting is required for biodegradation. These compostable plates are certified according to ASTM D6400 and will biodegrade within 30 days in a commercial composting facility, and within 90 days in a home composting system.
Why Buy with Viv?
- Low Prices: Viv Members get 20% off list prices of compostable food packaging.
- Quality Products: Viv vets products so that green for your business doesn’t mean reduced quality.
- Eco-Verification: Viv verifies the eco-claims of our products and makes sure they’re actually green and meet appropriate standards (e.g., ASTM-D6400 for compostability).